1606 N. 164th Street
Omaha, NE 68118
402 708 4570
2012-2014 Social Media Contractors
Founder of Outsourced Social Media Agency. Develops and Executes Social Media for Organizations. Clients across country in B2B, B2C, and Government. Led agency from startup to material growth (doubling of clients and revenue). Responsible for sales, client service, knowledge development and all other operations. Quoted regularly in press, including The New York Times and NPR.
2011 Mobile Green
CEO. Led startup creating a messaging and payment network for Health Care using SMS. Received grants from National Science Foundation and State of Nebraska. Partnered with Blue Cross Blue Shield Nebraska and Mutual of Omaha.
CEO. Led local online startup focusing on events in Omaha.
2003-2008 DTN/The Progressive Farmer
- 2006-2008: Publisher, The Progressive Farmer. DTN purchased The Progressive Farmer, which serves rural landowners with a magazine, website, and newsletters, from Time Inc. in 2006. As Publisher, I had Profit and Loss responsibility for America’s largest rural magazine (675,000 subscribers, 3.6 million readers). Responsible for revenue of $15 Million from Circulation and Advertising. Also manage all other DTN advertising revenue, for total revenue responsibility of $17 million. Manage staff of 40 in Birmingham, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, and Atlanta.
- 2003-2006: Vice President, DTN Media Group. Provide content, product management, and strategy leadership for B2B media company during turnaround. Company entered Chapter 11 in November 2003, valued at $170 Million; sold in 2008 for $450 million. Company serves customers in Agriculture, Weather, Trading Markets, and Refined Fuels sectors with subscription news and information products.
Responsibilities during turnaround included:
- Significant rebuilding of core subscription media products
- Building new products to focus on specific segments
- Creating new business models, including developing national affiliate network
- Repricing existing products
- Migrating existing subscribers to new products
- Expanding into adjacent segments and new platforms (internet and mobile)
- Developing new business models
- Creating new products from underleveraged IP assets
- Launching free media properties
- Mergers and Acquisition of complementary assets
- Building new relationships with customers up and down the value chain
1996-2002 McKinsey & Co.
Engagement Manager. Led multiple teams of consultants simultaneously. Recognized internally as Firm expert in Television, Home Video, Public Service Broadcasting, and Children’s Entertainment.
Specialized in media companies, with clients ranging in annual revenue from $80 million to $25 billion; served clients in television production, television distribution, interactive television, recorded music, filmed entertainment, and new media. Addressed industry conferences around the world. Authored survey of international broadcasters (cited in The Economist). Additional experience in licensing, tourism, and IT. Experienced in dealing with strategy, marketing, technology, market entry, M&A, organization, and new business development. Served clients in US, UK, Netherlands, Ireland, Singapore, and Brazil.
1994-1996 Comedy Central
Director, International. Established and managed International Division for US cable channel (Joint venture of HBO and Viacom). Licensed library to international market, negotiated joint ventures, and established localized versions of US television franchise.
1990-1994 Broadway Video Entertainment
Director, Distribution. Established localized versions of US television franchises and licensed library of comedy and family programs (including Saturday Night Live, Frosty the Snowman, and Lassie) to broadcasters in over 40 countries.
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
A.B. in Classics. President, Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
Creighton University College of Business, Omaha, NE
Adjunct Professor, teaching Advertising & Promotion, Introduction to Marketing
Infotec, Omaha, NE
On board of advisors for largest tech conference in the Midwest, organized by AIM Institute
Conceive Nebraska, Omaha NE
Vice President of the Board for nonprofit focusing on fertility issues